Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, April 03, 2011

cost of living

the price i've had to pay in order to feel as okay as i do right now:

16 months of therapy.
11 months of anti-anxiety meds.

and has it been worth it?

it sure has.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH YOU ARE ALIVE!
I am rooting for you!!!

abbagirl said...

LOL yes, i'm alive. thank you! :)

xoxo

abbagirl said...

@ONE: why?? awaiting bar results, studying for the bar, or had your heart-broken?? :-T i've been in each of those hells, and i still haven't managed to claw my way out... but things do get better, slowly but surely!! hang in there!

abbagirl said...

ONE, your summary of your experiences very much fit me to a 't.' i'm almost 30 and graduated from law school when i was 24. my ptsd predicament lasted for most of the time since i graduated. i like to think i'm finally coming out of the experience all right, but not before spending a good chunk of the past six years depressed and full of self-loathing. a part of me does think that i am still absolutely nothing because i haven't been able to pass the bar... a lot of people are continuing to encourage me to give it yet another try... but i don't know. now that so much time has passed and i am finally trying to get my life together, i just don't know if becoming a lawyer fits into my plans anymore.

i think we both have some soul-searching to do. we need to think about why it is that we cannot pass. there are people MUCH dumber than a pile of shit, and yet they are now practicing attorneys! i don't get it! we are still just not getting what it is that we need to pass....

either way, we should take heart. we don't have to pass the bar in order to fulfill your dreams. we can still in the service of the public, albeit not as a law practitioner, doing other things that might make even more of a difference. there is more than one way to skin a cat. :)

Anonymous said...

HI Abbagirl and One,
I know the challenges of not passing the bar but you will. I took it over 5 times and eventually passed. I had family, a job and a I was sick. I have followed your blog for so long. I am so happy you are alive and hopefully doing better.
Study for the bar when you are ready. Thirty is not old at all!
Trust me, I know!